Details of this years colour competition will be displayed here
For clarity the rules for the competition are listed below
Rules for the Ipswich Budgerigar Society Yearly Colour Competition.
There will be nine colour competitions over three meetings throughout the year
February 22nd – Class 1- Any Normal Green Series bird Inc. Grey Green.
Class 2- Any Normal Blue Series bird Inc. Grey.
Class 3 – Any Pied Variety Inc Dark Eyed Clears.
April 26th – Class 4 – Any Normal Cinnamon or Opaline Cinnamon.
Class 5 – Any Colour Spangle Inc. Double factors
Class 6 – Any Red eyed Variety
Sept 20th Class 7 – Any Opaline Blue or Green series Inc Grey Factor.
Class 8 – Any Rare Variety.
Class 9 – Any Yellow-face Variety
- Members can enter as many birds as they like for each of the nine However Points will only be awarded to the top three birds from each exhibitor for each evening.(i.e. max points per eve = 30pts)
- Champion/Intermediate/Novice/Beginner will all enter the same class.
- Points will be awarded for the top five positions in each class
1st = 10 points 2nd = 7 points 3rd = 5 points 4th = 3 points 5th =1 point
- All 9 classes will count towards the cumulative total.
- The prize money will be a total of £120 and will be divided as follows
Champion/Intermediate 1st = £30 Champion/Intermediate 2nd =£20
Beginner/Novice 1st =£30 Beginner/Novice 2nd £20
Overall winner (Colour Comp champion) all sections +£20 .
- The Secretary will make note and keep a record of the points won and will update the web site accordingly. The winners will be announced at the conclusion of the last competition.
- The Secretary and Chairman will confer and mediate and resolve any disputes or complaints.